Welcome to the MiaouIRC 's website !!
Introduction to MiaouIRC
MiaouIRC is another alternative to an IRC client like mIRC.
First of all, it must be easy to use, intuitive, and very friendly. It is also entirely RFC 1459-compatible. It must graphically customizable, but remains very simple. It is the main reason why the Java/Swing library has been used to the development of the IRC client with Java 2. But the program is still in development and stable.
So, MiaouIRC is multi-platform, because of the Java language capacity.
Entirely written in Java, it is necessary to have installed the Java Runtime in version 1.3 or higher on the Sun MicroSystems's Website :
Why using MiaouIRC ?
Because it is still a simple use Java application, but, with many features which are proper to, like :
- The possibility for choosing the Look And Feel
- DCC SEND, CHAT and OFFER with a DCC queue monitoring. Very useful for an intensive use on "DCCing" with FServ IRC Bot !
- MiaouIRC is also multi-server
- A logging system is available too, so you can trace all interactions between this program client and the IRC server, log by channel or by private message.
- Multiple configurations management, easy to load from one to another. Configuration saves are only memorized on files, never on registers basis, in a Windows system type.
- MiaouIRC now support the DCC Whiteboard, originally initiated by the Visual IRC client. It just allow two people to share a whiteboard where they can draw things on it.
Another way to communicate with drawings other than texts and smileys :).